Thursday, December 7, 2017

A MEMOIR : WHEN I WAS 9 NO. 9



THE HOMEWARD BOUND JOURNEY FROM SP TO SIK….(SIRI 9)
Dahsyat…..terrible….and indeed a very tiresome,fully exhausted journey.Just imagine we took the whole day to reach home.Compared to modern time we can reach Singapore by that span of time.
That night I really slept like a log.Just took a little time talked to my parents……..and off to the land of nowhere……not a dream was recorded to remember……….
In the next morning I was awoke by the kokok ayam jantan,which I missed for the past three and a half months……the chirping of birds around my house,made my life as happy as ever.The sunshine peneterated through holes of dinding buluh.The morning breeze shyly blew and I had to cover my feet with a blanket.I heard my mother was busy at the kitchen……could hear the ikan tamban masin jumping in the hot pan…….the aroma I missed sometime ago………our staple dish for almost every makan time……the smell of petai bakar make my stomach hungry.
Three of us : me , my father and mother ( remember I was the only son ) sitted around for breakfast.It was nasik pulut with tamban masin,nyiok kukur,petai bakar and a mug of special brewed coffee…………very appetising hingga menjilat jari.
Picture : tamban masin is appetising
 survey.jpg

No comments: