Thursday, December 7, 2017

A MEMOIR : WHEN I WAS 9 NO . 10



alwi.jpg
MY LIFE HISTORY……..ITS BACK TO SCHOOL……HELLO IBRAHIM SCHOOL ………….WHAT A STRENOUS JOURNEY ( SIRI 10)
I skip my writing on holidays at home because it is not what the real intention was…….I am focusing on my life at ten at Ibrahim School.So its back to school after 3 weeks of holidays.
Friends and relatives came to bade farewell on the night before I left to school.Looking sad and they wished I stayed longer.I thanked them for their company when at home.I too was sad to depart from them……..till we meet again,God willing if life is long.
I had a bag of clothes and etc etc etc.,and a sack flour ( guni tepung gandum) where the products of the jungle were filled in…….petai ,jering,genuak ,kacang poi, ubi keling ,sireh/pinang ,lemba , buah tampoi and daun pisang ………a little of everything for friends and the Indian caretaker whom I had forgotten his name………sireh/pinang and the banana leaves were for the Indian caretaker……..I liked this Indian old man,because he was friendly………he was poor and like to chew sireh/pinang and ate his food on banana leaves.
The next morning Mat Tongkoi was already awaiting infront of kedai Keling Sulaiman in Sik.Bus Pilus was already trotling.Karim Rahman was there,Zulkifli Yusof was there too.Then came Azmi Salleh and Alwi Ismail .Hussain Abdullah was not seen.A bit late because his house was far at Kampung Sadu……..at last he arrived with his father Pak Dollah.
Then the strenous journey to Sungai Petani began……..target time to arrive the school was 5.30 pm according to Mat Tongkoi……….the exhaustion of the trip I had already revealed in my last episode……..
Picture: Me and Alwi at 7 series….both greyed hair and athritis

No comments: