Thursday, December 7, 2017

A MEMOIR : WHEN I WAS 9 NO. 5



Oh My God…….I was wondering , how am I to eat using fork and spoon………..indeed a culture shock , luckily I didn’t turn back home…….if so how to get back home,Ididn’t know the route,I never travelled before this.I had money,but didn’t know how to use it…….from where should I start to go back home ……….it was already twilight , dark was getting nearer.However I remained and abide to the rules.
Entered the cantin hall and seated at the remaining vacant place.Those not well dressed were forced to change and dress properly.I learned from all these gimmicks.Get seated,all remained quite.All stood up when the Hostel master came in.We wished him ,then he commanded to start eating.All must be silent,no talking when eating,the sound of forks and spoons should be at minimum.When chewing food,mouths should be shut.And many more rules to obey………foods not dropped on the tables…….plates must be well placed……..forks and spoons should be placed parallel to each other if you have finished eating………it was not bad to be British….I began to learn all these western table manners at ten……….its me nginapsrengenge
Picture: a new road to Ibrahim School
ibrahim school new pic.jpg

No comments: