Thursday, December 7, 2017

A MEMOIR : WHEN I WAS 9 NO. 12



ajalmi.jpg
MY LIFE HISTORY………AT TEN : DAY TO DAY,WEEK TO WEEK (SIRI 12)
Teachers come,teachers go……..the school goes on as usual.Actually the school enrolment was around 300 plus but not more than 400.Managed by one headmaster for both primary and secondary,from primary one to Junior Cambridge Class……..teachers comprised of Indian graduates,Normal Class Trained and probationary teachers.
During my first year english lessons were thoroughly taught and that made us understood in a short span of time.After 3 months we were talking broken english all the hour.No talking in the malay slang or else……..
Despite all that we enjoyed the envoirenment.To me and Mat Tongkoi the little forest and bushes around the school compound provided us rememberable memories.We recceed the area , but no pelandok around.We managed to create a little zoo behind the hostel.Mostly birds and a few biawak pasir,rabbit and squirrel were put in a cage.There were many left-overs to build the cage.
I well remembered Mr Fong Kay Kwan a science teacher congratulated us for the effort.He once said that he would use our zoo for science activities in his biology lessons.Me and Mat Tongkoi were oblighed.
As time went by I grew older and catching up eleven years old. And there would be a few more articles at my age of ten.And I would proceed on and closes the nostalgic drama as just I attained the eleven years old.
Picture : One of my hostelmate friend Ajalmi Othman now a British Resident living in London. He quited teaching and went to study law at Inns of Court Law School,London .He worked and pensioned there.

No comments: